Montag, Februar 27, 2006

Pride and Prejudice

1. I always want to read this famous novel of Jane Austen from the beginning to the end, but for various reasons, I never finish it.

2. I couldn't imagine how this movie would be like without the excellent acting of Keira Knightley. And of course, she's the reason why I can't wait to watch it.

3. When Mrs. Bennet and Lizzie's younger sisters were discussing about who married a richer man, I found this scene similar to those in HK's movies and TV dramas. Seems that "to marry a rich man" is always a popular topic for love stories.

4. There's a fight between Lizzie and her father on allowing Lydia to go to a ball. Mr. Bennet didn't really care about the future of Lydia, but he supported Lizzie when she rejected the proposal of her cousin. Lizzie apparently received much more love than her younger sisters.

5. Misunderstanding and prejudice appear to be more harmful than pride and arrogance in this movie. Maybe it simply because I couldn't feel the arrogance of Mr. Darcy.

Keine Kommentare: